Schaum's Outline of Medical Terminology / Edition 1
More than 40 million students have trusted Schaum’s Outlines for their expert knowledge and helpful solved problems. Written by renowned experts in their respective fields, Schaum’s Outlines cover everything from math to science, nursing to language. The main feature for all these books is the solved problems. Step-by-step, authors walk readers through coming up with solutions to exercises in their topic of choice.
- Comprehensive explanations of the various topics covered in medical terminology courses designed for nursing and allied health students
- Relevant examples and extensive end-of-chapter review questions motivate students to understand new material and reinforce acquired skills
- Nursing and other allied health professions are becoming increasingly popular as nurse practitioners and other healthcare workers continue to expand their realm of patient care tasks in the medical profession
- Detailed explanations and review questions in the different areas of medical terminology
- Comprehensive review of specialized terms for describing and dealing with disease and injury, surgical techniques, drugs and other therapies
- Descriptions of prefixes, suffixes, and combining forms; medical abbreviations; symbols; Latin and Greek nomenclature, and a brief glossary of Spanish terminology
- Product Details
- About the Author
Publisher: McGraw-Hill Professional Publishing
Publication Date: 02-22-2011
Product Dimensions: 7.84(w) x 10.90(h) x 0.48(d)
Series: Schaum's Outline Series
James Keogh is on the faculty of St. Peter’s College and Columbia University. He is the author of more than 60 books, including Schaum's Outline of Pharmacology and Pharmacology DeMystified.